Jeffrey Channing Wells (co-author) reluctantly began writing fictions in 1996 when the theater department at his university denied him access to the vocal performance classes he actually wanted, and the world has not been safe since. He is the author of numerous plays, serial stories and robot battle anthems (actually, just the one) and is now apparently co-writing a webcomic. He is kind of at a loss as to how this all happened. Watch him do his own thing at The Scrivnarium, a WordPress Site Like All The Cool People Have (obtained mere moments before all the cool people went to Tumblr). You can contact him via his personal blog’s contact form.
Shaenon K. Garrity (co-author and artist) has written and/or drawn a lot of webcomics, including Narbonic, Li’l Mell, and Monster of the Week. She also writes stuff and works as a manga editor. You can get the complete rundown at Shaenon.com. You can contact her at me(at)shaenon.com.
Pancha Diaz (colorist) is an editor at Viz Media. In her spare time she writes comics, sometimes draws them, and dabbles in illustration. She also designs for the Couscous Collective, including the Couscous collections, Skin Horse, and the Narbonic Perfect Collection. Find her comics at 2DComics.com.
Who Does What on Skin Horse?
Let’s see…the initial concept was Shaenon’s idea. Shaenon and Jeffrey toss ideas back and forth and write scripts from the results; Jeffrey writes some scripts, and Shaenon writes others. See if you can guess which are which! Then Shaenon draws the final strips. And Jeffrey writes mad-scientist lullubies and things. Pancha colors the strips and designs our fancy Skin Horse books.
Can I Buy Books and Stuff?
Yes, and thank you for asking! Skin Horse books and art are available online at The Couscous Store. You can also buy the books at the following brick-and-mortar stores out in the real world:
Skin Horse has earned the following kudos:
- The 2008 Stumptown Trophy Award for Best Small Press
- A 2009 Friends of Lulu nomination for Lulu of the Year
- Unity named 2009 Zombie of the Year by The Zombie Rights Campaign
- A very nice review from Mike Lynch
- A very nice review from The Savage Critic(s)
- A very nice review from Comic Book Resources
- A very nice review from Sequential Tart
- A very nice review from Book View Cafe
- A very nice review from SFRevu
- A very nice review from Small Press Reviews
- A very nice review from Midnight Fiction
- A very nice review from Webcomics Wednesdays
- A very nice review from io9.com
Marc Schuster interviewed Shaenon and Jeff aboout Skin Horse and other stuff. Here’s the interview.